Ten Reasons Why You Should Use Wallpaper
As a designer, I think that wallpaper works just about everywhere. But for those of you who are a bit reluctant, here are a few tips and tricks to help persuade you to take the plunge!
- Take the time to choose a pattern that feels right for you, rather than what's trending.
- Try using it in less prominent rooms such as hallways, bedrooms, dining rooms, and bathrooms if you're worried about growing tired of it.
- Use wallpaper on all walls of a small room; wallpaper can make a small space feel larger.
- Go for a pattern-on-pattern look; a 'jewel box' effect can be created by using the same design on the window dressings and wallpaper.
- Don't be afraid to hang art on your wallpaper; it provides a background for a more layered look.
- A high-quality wallpaper is more hardwearing than paint.
- Other perfect places for wallpaper are in china cupboards, backs of bookcases, and closets.
- The use of woven papers is fantastic in larger areas where you want to add colour and texture.
- Make sure the installer hangs the wallpaper in the right direction. I know this sound crazy, but it happens all the time!
- These days, most high-quality wallpapers are easily removed for when you want to switch up the look with yet another pattern!